Free to general public
TD Youth Talent Showdown
TD Youth Talent Showdown (hereinafter called "Contest"), is organized by the Vancouver Chinatown BIA Society (VCBIA), (hereinafter called "the Organizers") located at 106 Keefer Street, Vancouver, B.C. This is an opportunity for talented youths (hereinafter called "Contestants") to gain exposure and experience in live performance.
- Contest is open to any legal resident of British Columbia between the ages of 13 and 20 on August 14, 2016.
- A performance must not be longer than five minutes. Any performance not suitable for a family audience and/or contains profane language, swearing, or any suggestive lyrics or actions, will be disqualified. Acts using machetes, knives, fire, and/or pyrotechnics, cannot enter. Only limited audio/visual equipments are available. Contestants are responsible for providing all other equipments needed.
- Completed application forms and a non-refundable fee of CAD$20 must be received by VCBIA by the application deadline.
- No purchase is necessary.
Step I: Application (deadline by June 27, 5PM)
- The Application Form must be completed and signed by the Contestant, and, if any, the Nominator, and the Contestant's Legal Guardian/Parent if Contestant is under 19.
- Completed Application Form and a non-refundable application fee of CAD$20 must be submitted by 5PM, June 27, via mail or in person (please do not mail cash) to: Vancouver Chinatown BIA Society, 2. 106 Keefer Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6A 1X4 Tel: 604-632-3808 Fax: 604-632-3809 E-mail: email@example.com
Step II: Audition (Saturday July 9, 12noon — 5pm @ Vancouver Chinatown BIA Society)
- All received applications will be contacted for an assigned audition time. Contestants must bring valid proof of age and photo identification (e.g. GoCard, Student I.D. Card, etc.) to the Auditions.
Step III: Finals (Sunday August 14, 3pm)
- The Ten Finalists* may choose to perform a different act than was performed in the Preliminaries.
- Finals will be held on Sunday, August 14, on stage at TD Vancouver Chinatown Festival.
- A panel of judges will select Three Winners from the Ten Finalists*.
- The odds of winning will vary according to the number of entries received.
* The number of finalists is subjected to change according to judges and the festival committee.
- Members of the Judging Panel will be selected at the sole and absolute discretion of VCBIA.
- Contestants will be judged on i) Quality of Performance; ii) Stage Presence; and iii) Appropriateness of Dress or Costume.
- Judges will break all ties if necessary.
- Score sheets will not be available for review.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- First place winner may win a prize consisting $500 cash, a trophy and gift (the “Prize”).
- Second place winner may win a prize consisting $300 cash, a trophy and gifts (the “Prize”).
- Third place winner may win a prize consisting $200 cash, a trophy and gifts (the “Prize”).
- People’s Choice Award winner may win a prize consisting $100 cash and a trophy (the “Prize”).
- In the event the winner is a group, any cash and prizes won by the group will be split amongst all members of the winning group.
- All awarded non-cash prizes may not be sold and are not redeemable for cash.