TD Vancouver Chinatown Festival
AUGUST 11 – AUGUST 12, 2018
Volunteer Registration NOW OPEN.
The annual festival would not be possible without the support of volunteers. We need approximately 300 volunteers over the 2-day event! If you wish to know more about Vancouver’s historic Chinatown, want to re-establish your ties with the renewed Chinatown, would like to make new friends, or simply want to enjoy a fun event, become a volunteer at TD Vancouver Chinatown Festival on August 9 and 10, 2017!
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
– Organizing and preparing props and performing items
– Coordinating with performers and guests and ensuring guests don’t cause trouble
– Coordinate with the camera and media personals
– Signing in and out volunteer throughout the day
– Picking up the food for all the volunteers
– Assisting the Volunteer Coordinator
– Demonstrating the Fish Bowl
– Assisting the Korean Pottery
– Maintaining line-up and selling gifts at the gift shop
– Manage the Wheel of Fortune
– Allocating the prizes, flyers
– Answering visitor’s questions regarding the festival
– Informing public streets are closed for the Festival
– Coordinating with Vendors and directing their questions/requests to the appropriate persons
– Directing Vendors to their booths
– Assisting with the night time activities of Street Fest
Crowd Control Crew
– Maintaining line-up order
– Allocating and restocking resources
– Making the Festival a safe and enjoyable place
Desjardins Kids Corner
– Maintaining line-up order at the games
– Manage mini games
Benefits to Volunteers
• Volunteers will enhance their communication skills and/or learn new skills, meet and interact with a diverse community of people, and gain experience in special events. Volunteers will receive a Certificate (or letter) of Appreciation for their efforts. Complimentary food and refreshments will be available during the Festival.
• Volunteers will have the perfect chance to discover the secrets of Vancouver’s historic Chinatown!
For more information please contact the Vancouver Chinatown BIA Society
Address: 106 Keefer Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6A 1X4